Teaching my child to remember taste and texture


When we were in Baguio city, we dined at the famous Red Ribbon Bakeshop. Red Ribbon is a very famous bakeshop here in the Philippines and we wanted to compare cakes. This I am teaching my daughter to appreciate what is a good cake. The taste, the texture and the appearance. I told her to remember everything so when we have to bake a chocolate cake, she'll know where to compare. I also told her to take note of the sweetness, the taste of the ganache and the filling inside. I am not making her into a baker since I know she'll have more other interests when she grows up. She is a great judge of taste young as she is, she's very picky with her food. So we have to compare what I bake to commercial cakes sold in the market. The verdict?  She chose red ribbon. I chose homemade... who else will be proud of my work other than me myself? haha

Comments