Fondant Rose





There are no violet colored roses but I want one, so I made these. I had extra fondant so I made them intended for a violet wedding cake. This is not the first time I made fondant roses. They are very easy to make. I can tell the steps but got no pictures to describe it. I seldom take a picture of how I work since most of the time I'd rather not hold anything other than fondant and some baking tools. I really don't like washing my hands every now and then. When I work, I work straight, even forgetting to eat meals. There are many sites about fondant or gumpaste roses, even youtube got a lot of it. 
1. Roll balls of fondant
2. Press one end of the round fondant and thin it by pinching the ends until very thin and resemble a petal.
3. Roll one petal as the core of the rose, then press in layers, overlapping them in 3, 5 and 7 petals for every layer to make the rose

Comments