wafer paper vs gumpaste flower

I fell in love with wafer paper the moment I finished one flower, since then most of my wedding cakes have elements of wafer paper flower in it. It is so easy to make and can be finished in a matter pf minutes, no drying time no waiting game. Just cut freehand or with a cutter, no matter how big it is, it's not a problem. Then airbrushed to a color you want and viola, a wedding cake flower topper is finished! It doesn't take days to prepare and it's not very weather sensitive. Even if it's raining!
So here are my collection of wafer paper flowers. Enjoy!



 These mini cakes were my students' creations from a workshop in Baketool Sta Rosa Laguna. The cakes were topped with wafer paper flowers that they made.





The shell was made from wafer paper too. 


Comments