Customized - Alcoholic Bottle Cake

My attitude towards creating cakes now is - I'LL WORK ON IT!

Customized cakes have taken their swing here in my dear sleepy town. With everyone on internet and mobile social networking, customers could google any design they want. I think the modern customers now don't want to browse through a photo album filled with cake designs, choose and then order. Chances are, some of your visitors had that cake or seen that cake one party or another. Cakes don't get the WOW factor anymore.

Now my repeat customer, Janice, ordered for a Fundador cake. Since I didn't go to a baking or cake decorating school, Google to the rescue! I found some pretty good sites and got ideas here and there,so here it is... The result...





Buttercream can hide imperfections to the  shape of the cake. Just not too generous. I've got three flavors for this cake. Lower layer is made of mocha chiffon cake, middle layer is plain vanilla chiffon cake and the top is chocolate cake. Chocolate cake for me has the consistency I need to mold the shape of the Fundador bottle. It is not springy nor very spongy.

The label is a printout, non-edible sticker. I opted not to write the logo on my own because I was not very confident in handwriting on cakes.  The brown fondant was way too dark. One of our employee at the water station said. "Oh, its not brandy anymore, it's Chocolate!" Oh geez!

This was a send-off cake, a token of appreciation. Delivered March 9, 2012.

Comments