My First!

Welcome! I welcome again myself to blogging. This blog would be all about cakes, cookies, breads and everything that goes into these sweet creations.
The title is - My First... because it will be about my first creations in the baking world. I am just a novice, a beginner, so I just feel fulfilled that I went through my firsts and going and going... by the day.
The picture above is my first doll cake. Here in this part of the earth, it is generally called Barbie cake. The time I made this was a very stressful and time consious memory I won't forget.
I made the cake and cupcakes just the night before and I have to bake it at my friends' house. It was raining, there was a typhoon coming, the oven was outside.... really a nightmare! I just kept my cool.I said to myself.. I can do this. i even have to transport the cakes 5kilometers away to our house and by the time I was done it was 10 in the evening! I am also thankful to the father of my friend who have a tricycle, that part was a breeze. But! oh my... I have to come back twice to fetch the doll that I forgot. These events happened last November 1 and 2 of 2011. A hectic schedule since its a holiday, a time to visit our departed loved ones at the cemetery.
I got up very early in the morning. Timing my cake decorating to approximately just 2 hours since the cake was needed by 9 that morning for a christening. That 2 hours went to 4 hours! horrific!!! People in the house were busy preparing lunch for the picnic (yeah... I don'thave any other word right now that I can think of...) at the cemetery.... I am busy with my doll cake.
This cake was done in regular icing or boiled meringue. The cake was chocolate. The diameter of the skirt was 7inches..... yes.... 7! so wide... hehehe, and about 6 to 7 in height. I had to revise the design for the bodice like 5 times. I piped and piped and then..... waaahhhh.... I screamed! The doll looks fat with all the icing, remove again... until I got satisfied with the end result. See in the picture.
Pardon the clutter in the kitchen. I was also making cupcake samples to hand out to relatives and friends coming to visit.
I have so many designs in mind and also in my notebook but by that time I couldn't even get hold of my notebook. Forgetful me!
My hands shaking, my knees buckling (eh?) I took deep breaths and said.. I need to finish this... I need to do this...help me God!
Awwww.... So I delivered on time... time to set up at the event. So nerve wrecked, I couldn't even carry the heavy cake, I just asked my two companions bcoz I was so tired that time. This was ordered by a long time good friend of mine and she gave good comments about my cake. Thanks to you gie.

Comments