McQueen Car cake





Finally I made a car cake! This is Mcqueen from the Disney Cars movie. My friend Pipo challenge me to make a car cake after he saw my angry birds toppers. Well a challenge is a challenge and I took it. It was his son's 4th birthday and Mcqueen is his son's favorite.

I made the car cake for 2 sleepless nights! I didn't imagine making it would really stress me out, good thing I planned ahead. Carving on cake really freak me out...I was shaving and shaving crumbs but I couldn't make achieve the shape I want. Good thing I baked extra in case one didn't work out. The chocolate cake worked out fine.

As I've said in my fb account, I became a sculptor and a painter in a flash!
Since I couldn't get the red color I want from the fondant, I painted the red color directly on the car. You can see the original color of the fondant on the inner wheels... its screamming PINK!
Where did you see a McQueen in pink? ahhh that was frustrating, so paint it is...
All other details like the winshield, side window, 95, lightning are all drawn first on paper then traced on fondant.
The feedback?
The child doesn't like her mom and dad to slice the cake! awww......


Comments